A dark comedy, Tom the loneliest confronts isolation, depression, medication, psychosis, domestic violence, addiction and the disempowerment of modern masculinity with disturbing irreverence that is a constant in the world of the Toms.
Julian Crotti, Duncan Luke
- Writers: Julian Crotti & Duncan Luke (dialogue), Paulo Castro (monologues)
- Director: Paulo Castro
- Set Designer: Bryan Tingey
- Lighting Designer: Kerry Ireland
- Production and Tour Manager: Michael 'Lenny' Ceniuch
- Graphics: Shadia
- Auslan Interpreters: Pip Cody, Daniel Hately, Paul Heuston, Imram Webb
- Executive Producer: PJ Rose
- Original Concept: Julian Crotti
- The Bakehouse, Adelaide, SA (3-13 June 2009)
- LaMama's Carlton Courthouse, Melbourne, VIC (16-27 June 2009)
There's a car crash quality about this show that makes it watchable - enter at your own risk!
Matt Byrne, Sunday Mail
... a wonderful pulse of mordant humour beats through Tom the loneliest ...
John Wells, Adelaide Theatre Guide
Tom the loneliest is a gem on many levels ... Several times the opening night audience reacted with appreciative gasps; a high tribute indeed.
Myk Mykyta, Radio Adelaide
This is a terrific piece of theatre, with brave performances, that deserves wider audiences.
Barry Lenny, GLAM Adelaide Arts Reviews
You leave the theatre feeling you have had a fresh experience.
Samela Harris, The Advertiser
Animated by poignancy and absurd humour in equal measure,Â Tom the loneliestÂ is a two-hander that careens into some morbid corners of the male psyche....Â What strikes you the most ... is the striking illumination of male vulnerability -- something we're socially conditioned to ignore.
Cameron Woodhead, The Age
... a piece of theatre with startling power.... There are plenty of bigger shows I could be writing about, but none as memorable as this little wonder.
John Bailey, The Sunday Age